just back from the vets

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Eve
just back from the vets

Post by Eve » February 3rd, 2010, 4:57 pm

well i took stella to the vets just now to get her boosters, mentioned while we were there about a lump that has come up over the weekend on her rear leg by her hip, she took a look at it, its about the size of a 1p and is very red and angry looking and said that its different to the hard lumps that she has which are safe and it looks like a mass cell tumour. i only had £70 on me for her boosters and consultation fee so she said this is more important and the boosters can wait.

The vet took 3 biopsy's from the lump and said she will call me in 3 days with the results, these are gonna be the longest 3 days of my life, i cant believe it she is fine in herself hyper and generally a pain in the rear and now the vet is saying she might have cancer, i dont know what to think???

been looking online at information and it says if it is it will mean a op and anticancer treatment, i cant cry i feel numb just sat cuddling her

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: just back from the vets

Post by mickey » February 4th, 2010, 5:54 am

aarr mate i am so sorry to hear that i hope its all ok i whish u all the best

Dawn

Post by Dawn » February 4th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Eve if you need me im always at then end of the phone no matter what. I will keep you and Stella both in my thoughts (((HUGS)))

Eve

Post by Eve » February 4th, 2010, 3:43 pm

thanks guys, im trying to keep positive and am just waiting for the results at the moment, as soon as they are in we will know more and wat we need to do from there, she is acting fine, drinking more than usual but thats about it,

Eve

Post by Eve » February 9th, 2010, 3:21 pm

just got a call from the vets stella has the all clear!!! there was inflamation and infection showing but think it was a reaction, the lump is doing well so just have to keep an eye on it!! im soo happy!!!

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » February 9th, 2010, 5:44 pm

I'm so happy for you and Stella, I've been thinking about her.
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » February 9th, 2010, 5:53 pm

well done eve,stella, and your vet,you have been in our thoughts.......best of luck for the future john
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!