Hey Guy's

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
ali1389
Hey Guy's

Post by ali1389 » February 22nd, 2011, 5:12 pm

Hi guys not been on in a while thought add put some pics of my babies up :) let me know what you think and please comment :) And as for my wee staffy do you think hes got pit in him or looks like a irish staffy ? He's 21 inch already and hes only11 munth x
Chance.x

G2000

Re: Hey Guy's

Post by G2000 » February 22nd, 2011, 5:40 pm

Hi there, do you have any papers with your boy, was he told to be pure stafford if not, and are you located in the UK?

I had a bitch who was a similar height to that. Her sire was kc registered, but the dam wasn't. So eiher she had a cross in the lines going back, or (as I imagine) she was a result of people breeding from non-'standard' type staffords.

Just as a note, there is no such breed as an Irish stafford, regardless of the books which have this title!!!
From looking at him I wouldn't say there's pit in him, but that's just my view, it could be impossible to tell. Just because a stafford type is taller that's not an indication of pit, that's where the DDA is wrong!!!! Could be any taller breed going back in the lines, or as with my bitch just taller staffords being bred from.

Bless him, he has very similar ears to my girl, hers were full prick too bless her.

He has lovely markings on his face, and looks a lovely lad. Love your rott too, lovely dogs.

Gem.x

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » February 22nd, 2011, 6:45 pm

hello ali nice to hear from you again",if its not a staff it must be a pit."....what a crock of sh*t!!! with no papers of any kind and no info of breeding from the seller i can only assume we are looking at a scatter bred mutt,NOW BEFORE YOU SHOUT i do not think from the bottom of my heart that this would make the pup a lesser dog some of the best all rounders have come about this way,better to see a healthy outcross [although with out crossing more care and thought should be used]than the mutated creatures that "meet conformation" the best advice that i feel i can offer you is to enjoy your dog ,training and conditioning must come before all else with any breed,as for no such thing as an irish staff,how about a staff bred in ireland...lol,all the best john
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!

G2000

Post by G2000 » February 22nd, 2011, 9:50 pm

Yep, course you get SBT's bred in Ireland, as you do everywhere else in the world... But there's no such breed, have you heard of Scottish SBT's? Welsh SBT's? lol

Diamond Kartel

Post by Diamond Kartel » February 22nd, 2011, 10:06 pm

My Diamond is a bigger than average staff at 18 months he's 19 inches and has been for about 8months. His dad was 22 and his mum was standard 18 so it all depends on the sizes of Chances parents. Diamond has the ears up like his Grandma and I have seen others with their ears up. So as The OG says enjoy your dog. It don't matter what he is he is still a stunner :))
BullBreedForum
(The most fun you can have on the net)

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » February 22nd, 2011, 10:48 pm

G2000 wrote:Yep, course you get SBT's bred in Ireland, as you do everywhere else in the world... But there's no such breed, have you heard of Scottish SBT's? Welsh SBT's? lol
just as a matter of interest dog fighting[pitting]banned in the uk 1835.............1935 KC decide to recognise the breed........working on this simple maths by 2111 maybe the irish staff may well exist in the eyes of the KC,for now i prefer the leggy better looking dog[imo]even if it does not exist :lolbonk: :lolbonk: :lolbonk: :lolbonk: :lolbonk:
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!

G2000

Post by G2000 » February 22nd, 2011, 11:18 pm

My girls on the taller side, so that's good by me too... :))

It's a common debate on another forum I'm on. In my mind the shorter they are, the less agile they theoretically become, which goes against the 'purpose' of the breed. But having said that it's about the whole proportion of the dog too I suppose...?

thegovenor

Post by thegovenor » February 23rd, 2011, 12:18 am

theoldgit wrote:
G2000 wrote:Yep, course you get SBT's bred in Ireland, as you do everywhere else in the world... But there's no such breed, have you heard of Scottish SBT's? Welsh SBT's? lol
just as a matter of interest dog fighting[pitting]banned in the uk 1835.............1935 KC decide to recognise the breed........working on this simple maths by 2111 maybe the irish staff may well exist in the eyes of the KC,for now i prefer the leggy better looking dog[imo]even if it does not exist :lolbonk: :lolbonk: :lolbonk: :lolbonk: :lolbonk:
Probably 2035 john in the eyes of some , imo there was probably some x contamination between stafford and american lines way back that produced the larger leggier types as there was a huge amount of import export between ire and the us , just a thought

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » February 23rd, 2011, 12:24 am

you could be right there gov,theres alot of dark corners in the history,but i know what i like... :lolbonk:

ali1389

Post by ali1389 » February 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm

G2000 wrote:Hi there, do you have any papers with your boy, was he told to be pure stafford if not, and are you located in the UK?

I had a bitch who was a similar height to that. Her sire was kc registered, but the dam wasn't. So eiher she had a cross in the lines going back, or (as I imagine) she was a result of people breeding from non-'standard' type staffords.

Just as a note, there is no such breed as an Irish stafford, regardless of the books which have this title!!!
From looking at him I wouldn't say there's pit in him, but that's just my view, it could be impossible to tell. Just because a stafford type is taller that's not an indication of pit, that's where the DDA is wrong!!!! Could be any taller breed going back in the lines, or as with my bitch just taller staffords being bred from.

Bless him, he has very similar ears to my girl, hers were full prick too bless her.

He has lovely markings on his face, and looks a lovely lad. Love your rott too, lovely dogs.

Gem.x
Hi gem thats a good reply thanks for your info :) His mum was really tall and his dad was a short :) He's not got any papers so he's not KC but tht doesnt bother me :) a just love him to bits lol !!! Didnt kno there no such breed as the irish staffy lol ;) thanks for tellin me lol !! Thanks for the compliments haha!! the two of them wont be able to get there head threw the door haha!! Thanks again :) xxxx :goodpost:
Chance.x