Opinions Please

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Diamond Kartel
Opinions Please

Post by Diamond Kartel » February 12th, 2011, 9:26 am

Opinions needed please - should I get Diamond Castrated? How would it effect him at 18mths? Someone suggested I get him Castrated as so many dogs attack him, they said if he killed a dog he would be taken away - would castrating him make him less of a target?? And no I don't intend to breed him!!!!! I need opinions by Monday so I can make a decision.

:walkies:
BullBreedForum
(The most fun you can have on the net)

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx

Re: Opinions Please

Post by Bullseye » February 12th, 2011, 1:38 pm

In short no it doesn't! actually he will probably be more of a target, because he will not smell neither male or female, really its up to those who let their dogs run around freely to keep their animals under control... (see dogs act of 1871)

also you said it in your own words a few months ago....
Diamond Kartel wrote:[...] I mean would you sterilise your children? I personally have never had a dog or bitch sterilised, as I do not agree with it. I have only bred one of my male dogs and he turned out fine, a little bit protective but then that was the pampering he got,lol I think it is best to see how he grows up before deciding. He's such a cute liddle man it would be a shame to tamper with him. Also my Boy dogs have always been under control and I have never let them out of my site, I always make sure they are no where near a female in season. Hope this helps, atb Rose

Ps I have always found the female dogs to be the problem ones, lol
In my opinion I would just take my dog somewhere else on a walk, thats the trouble - we have to pull out all the stops to ensure our dogs are kept under control because their bullbreeds, but everyone else seem to think the law doesn't apply to them! well................. It does!!

Castrating him will not make him any less likely to be attacked, nor will it make him any less likely to attack...

Hope this helps.

~John~
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

Diamond Kartel

Post by Diamond Kartel » February 12th, 2011, 1:53 pm

Thanks John it does help, f@@k 'em I'm leaving my boy Intacto. I had a good response from FB and I was right all along. I have started taking him on different walks and leaving earlier or later then those people walk their dogs. I also take them in the car to the local ponds where they can run free and not see anyone the whole time! Thanks John I needed that. xxxxxx
BullBreedForum

Bullseye

Post by Bullseye » February 12th, 2011, 1:54 pm

You're welcome, glad I could help ;) :congrats:
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

Shipley

Post by Shipley » February 12th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Good info John , best of luck to you Rose don't let them drag you down !

You are a responsible owner & love your dogs ,...don't get much better ,

Terry. xxx

G2000

Post by G2000 » February 22nd, 2011, 5:26 pm

Soz guys, but got to say I disagree. :lolbonk: Not with regard to the 'fight' problem, but in terms of the health of the dog.
If you get him done then that is a common form of canine cancer which your dog will not be able to get.
Also, this will prevent any possible 'mishaps' in the future. Given the rescue situation with staffords imo that's important.
I know some people disagree with this, (in particular men, don't know why?! lol) but it's my personal opinion, as is also my choice with regard to spaying. If I decide against breeding my bitch, who has just had all health tests done and hips scored to help aid the decision, then I will get her done asap.

Diamond Kartel

Post by Diamond Kartel » February 22nd, 2011, 5:47 pm

Hi Gemma thanks for your comments much appreciated. I have decided not to go for castration as it's not his fault, there is no aggression on his part he is just defending himself all he wants to do is play. I certainly do intend on mating him as firstly I have no papers for him and I too agree with the rescue plight. I have also been on several different walks at different times and the few dogs we do run into are ok. He will be two in August and I am hoping he will calm down a little, but mostly I think he's just a pup and try tire him out so he's less playful.

:walkies:
BullBreedForum