Electric treadmill...

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Miss Yellow Wellies
Official BBF nutter!
Official BBF nutter!
Electric treadmill...

Post by Miss Yellow Wellies » January 17th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Hi all, just a quick question to see what you think!!!, i use to have a slat mill which i found to big in my lounge lol, I am now looking to get a electric treadmill (human)so i can fold it up when im not using it!!, i have heard good and bad things about them, so before i go and get one just wondered what you lot think of them.... Thank u Tanya

mark lamont
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Re: Electric treadmill...

Post by mark lamont » January 17th, 2011, 7:56 pm

not sure a human one would be as good as a slat mill but u can get some good ones worth looking into but they r pricey

darlo
Donator
Donator

Post by darlo » January 17th, 2011, 8:11 pm

i think in this current state of bully unrest it would be wise not to have any mill
but i would have all three carpet ,slat an elec if money an space was vast lol
but it aint so ill just have to keep hand walking my dogs in the rain lol

mandog

Post by mandog » January 17th, 2011, 9:27 pm

I've found a human treadmill to work wel. Flick used to spend an hour on it somedays, she just hopped off when she had enough. I don't have it any more as it's a lazy mans tool i got to thinking.

Miss Yellow Wellies
Official BBF nutter!
Official BBF nutter!

Post by Miss Yellow Wellies » January 20th, 2011, 12:39 am

Hi, thanks for all your coments, i still dont no what to do :lolbonk:

LeighandApple

Post by LeighandApple » January 20th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Hey Tanya, we've got a human treadmill and find it great as we all can use it and as you say it folds up when not in use. We bought ours from Ebay for about £200, it would retail at over £900-£1000 so well worth looking on there. I don't think you can compare each of the mill types as they each bring something different to the table. Ours has various speeds and has different inclines so you're walking/running up hill. Our dogs love it, Charlie will go and sit on it as soon as it's lowered waiting for it to be turned on.

Hope this was helpful.

Leigh

Miss Yellow Wellies
Official BBF nutter!
Official BBF nutter!

Post by Miss Yellow Wellies » January 24th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Thanks Leigh, the reason i was going 2 get 1 is cause having 3 dogs and the oldset being a tiny JR cross age 10, can no longer keep up on the long walks in the afternoon!!!, bless her she does try lol, and as you no Leigh i even got her a pram to push around in lol, but too many people laughed at me!!!, and i cant leave her at home because she barks very loud, and i also dont want her 2 feel left out, so i just thought i might get one for the other two. Its not a problem in the evening because she will stay at home with me while the others are out..........Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!,

LeighandApple

Post by LeighandApple » January 25th, 2011, 2:41 pm

I do think a human mill is a good buy as all three of the dogs can use it and both you and Sam could if you chose.........definately worth the money in my eyes.