Gain record breaker

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mandog
Gain record breaker

Post by mandog » January 14th, 2011, 3:39 pm

I'm changing food as orijen is too expensive at keeping weight on the dogs. Placing a order on Monday for record breaker as it looks pretty decent food. Any body from the forum using it on there dogs and what is the results.

Shipley

Re: Gain record breaker

Post by Shipley » January 14th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Not come across it myself bud , I will have a look though ,

cheers , Terry.

Diamond Kartel

Post by Diamond Kartel » January 14th, 2011, 9:33 pm

I was gonna try Orijen but looked at the price and said it was too dear. I know everyone has their own feeding methods but I use Bakers Complete along with raw chicken, mince, lamb neck bones and cooked meats. I also give them pasta, rice, chips, mashed potato. My vet said the other day I have the best looking dogs on my estate, she also says that because I walk them three times a day they will never put on too much weight.

Good luck in finding a replacement Mandog,it is always hard to know whats good for the ones you love. :thumbsup:
BullBreedForum
(The most fun you can have on the net)

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Post by mayhem » January 16th, 2011, 4:27 pm

hey mandog not seen that food let us kno how it goes if ur not happy with that try alpha feeds there high performance imo is the best its fit for human consumption not that ive tried it my self lol but not many dog foods can say the same its suitable from pups pregnant and lactating bitches and working adults 33 % protine hypo allergenic and only 14 -19 quid a 15kg sack pretty hard to beat heres a link atb mikey http://www.alphafeeds.com/

mandog

Post by mandog » January 16th, 2011, 8:43 pm

List of ingredents and at £18.5 a bag pretty good if you ask me.

Chicken, Chicken Meal, brewers rice, whole grain ground corn (maize), chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and vitamin E), corn gluten meal, beet pulp, fish meal, natural chicken flavour, egg product, canola oil, rice flour, dried chicory root (FOS), flaxseed, dried brewers yeast, dicalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, milk mineral complex (TruCal), choline chloride, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, yucca schidigera, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulphate, zinc sulphate, copper sulphate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, chondrotin sulphate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, L-Carnitine, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulphate, sodium selenite, pyroxidine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

fatrat

Post by fatrat » February 21st, 2011, 11:22 am

ive used record breaker in the past and the dogs didn't look or perform any better than when they were on
gain 28 , gain 28 is also a few quid cheaper but its still the same quality as the record breaker

mandog

Post by mandog » February 21st, 2011, 11:39 am

Ingrediants for gain 28 and 20 is as follows

Ingreients caterories dececending order by weight. cereals, veg protein extracts, meat and animal derivatives (poultry), erivetives of veg origen,oils an fats, minerals, vitaminss, E U approved antioxdents 9bht,bha,propyl gallate and preservitive (citric acid)

mandog

Post by mandog » February 21st, 2011, 11:40 am

So your telling me a dog can do just as well getting its protien from a plant as it can chicken. mmm

fatrat

Post by fatrat » February 21st, 2011, 12:35 pm

it didnt affect them at all they were on record breaker for 4 months then i changed to gain 28 after a trainer i know told me i was waisting my money getting the record breaker ,he said it was to high in protien for everyday use and was meant for use a couple of weeks before a race .

thegovenor

Post by thegovenor » February 21st, 2011, 10:14 pm

fatrat wrote:it didnt affect them at all they were on record breaker for 4 months then i changed to gain 28 after a trainer i know told me i was waisting my money getting the record breaker ,he said it was to high in protien for everyday use and was meant for use a couple of weeks before a race .
Gain 28 and record breaker are both 28% protein , there are some small differences in the 2 but IMO it all depends on the amount of work expected from your dog as to wether you need the little extra help or not , most wouldnt notice the change as Gain 28 is more than sufficient for the majority.