Chances Paw :P

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
ali1389
Chances Paw :P

Post by ali1389 » December 23rd, 2010, 11:46 pm

Hey Guys just on here for a wee bit of advice chance has had a limp? Around two weeks ago he was limping then it went away and he was totally fine.. Then the other day i took him out and he runs around liek crazy so the limp started again?? Its went away again though it is really sore for when its here? so dont know what to do? Any ideas what it could be?And aswell hes got pink feet and keeps slashing his pads really bad.. I have all the things to heal the cuts.. Like epsom salts bandages germaline etc.. But wondering what could prevent it? xxx

:nutter:
Chance.x

Diamond Kartel

Re: Chances Paw :P

Post by Diamond Kartel » December 24th, 2010, 5:22 pm

Hey Ali it sounds like a strain injury. Best thing u can do is walk him on a lead for a week or so and see how he gets on. I had the same thing with both mine. I find that limited exercise gives the strain time to heal. BARF diets are supposed to be a good source of protein and helps injuries heal quicker. Try a tablespoon of Cod Liver oil in his diet on biscuits this helps the joints and is good for the coat. Try the limited exercise and if it don't clear up in a week or so call the vet. Let's us know how it goes and give Chance a hug.

Rose
BullBreedForum
(The most fun you can have on the net)

jjbulls

Post by jjbulls » December 25th, 2010, 6:58 pm

it seems to be a reptitive thing .. like he,s o.k. running around but when he does a certian thing .. like turn .. or twist .. or jump a certian way ..?? . youve just got to try & look for wot triggers it .. when excerciseing ... a case of elimination i think ... best of luck ..................jj

mark lamont
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by mark lamont » December 26th, 2010, 8:04 pm

is the limp because of his pads ifso try not to walk him on hard surface hes quite young so his pads are probably soft and easily cut