dry kibble

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied
dry kibble

Post by mickey » January 26th, 2010, 9:44 pm

i was woundering wich food every one feeds ever dogs i have always use betta active and have got to say my winston did do very well on it i then got some good advise from sonia from raging storm kennels about the barf diet and i belive its the best for the dogs health but i was really struggling with time to perpare the food and no one seem to have any good bones and if u dont do ur research 1st it can cost a bit to feed a big dog but with out a doubt its the best for them imo now i feed them both a fish4dogs its a kibble with nothing bad in there at all no fillers or nothing theres only about 5 ingrediants if that init and they are both looking better then ever there coat has never shined so much and storms coat is almost wet looking its not got the highest protaine content but its from a good source so they should be able to extrct the goodness much easyer then the cereal base feeds

what do u think ???

http://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/Salmo ... -Dogs.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

LeighandApple

Re: dry kibble

Post by LeighandApple » January 26th, 2010, 11:08 pm

If you were interested in feeding raw but the cost is what's stopping you try to find a butcher that will supply chicken carcasses. These usually work out very cheap for a box (if you've got a spare freezer to store them). If not and you want to keep them on the above diet IMO if your dogs are healthy on it you can't go too wrong. Keep an eye on their stool to see how much food is not being digested properly e.g. after eating a good quality food the dogs stool should be small and hard due to most of the food being digested properly. If the dogs stools are large then most of the food is not being used and past through.

We've been feeding raw for quite a few years now and are very happy with the results. The meal sizes are smaller compared to when we fed kiddle and their stools are very small, hard and very little oder. Finding a good butcher and having a spare freezer has made it a lot easier.

Hope this has helped some. Atb Leigh

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: dry kibble

Post by mickey » January 26th, 2010, 11:18 pm

LeighandApple wrote:If you were interested in feeding raw but the cost is what's stopping you try to find a butcher that will supply chicken carcasses. These usually work out very cheap for a box (if you've got a spare freezer to store them). If not and you want to keep them on the above diet IMO if your dogs are healthy on it you can't go too wrong. Keep an eye on their stool to see how much food is not being digested properly e.g. after eating a good quality food the dogs stool should be small and hard due to most of the food being digested properly. If the dogs stools are large then most of the food is not being used and past through.

We've been feeding raw for quite a few years now and are very happy with the results. The meal sizes are smaller compared to when we fed kiddle and their stools are very small, hard and very little oder. Finding a good butcher and having a spare freezer has made it a lot easier.

Hope this has helped some. Atb Leigh
thats was the prob i had a butcher lined up ready to go the week i started the butcher closed down he has retired after 50 years what are the chances of that lol and no one will give or sell me nothing for the dogs one said they stopped it coz of the foot and mouth ??? and one just gave me a funny look and said no very bluntly . there poos are the same on the fish4dogs as it was on raw but a little bigger but not like a cereal base kibble my big dog used to do moutins and the smell is unbearable but now its a lot better for picking up wen out :lol: