Fireworks

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Eve
Fireworks

Post by Eve » October 28th, 2010, 5:37 pm

Its that time of year again, how do your dogs react? how do you help them with it?

Stella barks like mad, not in a scared way but in a oi get away from my house!

ali1389

Re: Fireworks

Post by ali1389 » October 28th, 2010, 6:08 pm

a just put the telly up dead high so they dont hear them and dont leave them alone .. mind you mines arnt really that bothered when i let them out for a pee kia my rottie barks at them the other to watch them then i get them in the house dont like them being out much on that night :) xx
Chance.x

Miss Yellow Wellies
Official BBF nutter!
Official BBF nutter!

Post by Miss Yellow Wellies » October 28th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Hi, i put the radio on in the kitchen, and tv on high, give them all calm eze, get them from pet shop, made by johnsons. Draw the curtains, and if they start barking just ingore them and turn the tv up. We never leave them on there own, but i dont fuss them with the noise cause they will pick up on somethings wrong.... i have tried loud singing ..... thats works lol,

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » October 28th, 2010, 7:12 pm

samandtanya wrote:Hi, i put the radio on in the kitchen, and tv on high, give them all calm eze, get them from pet shop, made by johnsons. Draw the curtains, and if they start barking just ingore them and turn the tv up. We never leave them on there own, but i dont fuss them with the noise cause they will pick up on somethings wrong.... i have tried loud singing ..... thats works lol,
ive heard your singing.....................scary stuff :lolbonk: :lolbonk:
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » October 28th, 2010, 7:22 pm

they all react in different ways i think,we have over the years had the odd one that is scared but in the main annoyed,one old boy yelly,had spent most of his life on the gun he just thought it was time to go to work :lolbonk: ..................i suppose if they are scared you must just offer them support and comfort,
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » October 28th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Luckily the girls arent bothered in the slightest about fireworks. Duke our Dalmatian is absolutely petrified of them, i have to buy Serene Um for Extra large breeds and dope him up with them. I wish they would ban the sale of fireworks to general public because if you could see the way this poor dog reacts even when he has had a load of tablets inside him you would never want to buy fireworks again.

LeighandApple

Post by LeighandApple » October 28th, 2010, 9:39 pm

I'm with you Dawn, say no to fireworks (unless in an organised display away from peoples homes). What gets me is it's not just one night, it goes on and on until after new year. With regards to my dogs, Zoe's fine but Charlie's a little jumpy. He's fine in the house but if they go off when he's having a pee then he wants to go home. Time will tell what Maggie's going to be like as this will be her first fireworks night/months.

Cheers Leigh

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » October 28th, 2010, 10:02 pm

LeighandApple wrote:I'm with you Dawn, say no to fireworks (unless in an organised display away from peoples homes). What gets me is it's not just one night, it goes on and on until after new year. With regards to my dogs, Zoe's fine but Charlie's a little jumpy. He's fine in the house but if they go off when he's having a pee then he wants to go home. Time will tell what Maggie's going to be like as this will be her first fireworks night/months.

Cheers Leigh
you know,when i was a kid[in the oldendays]i can remember being chased by a copper for letting fire works off before guy fawkes night............how times change not always for the better

LeighandApple

Post by LeighandApple » October 28th, 2010, 10:48 pm

theoldgit wrote:
LeighandApple wrote:I'm with you Dawn, say no to fireworks (unless in an organised display away from peoples homes). What gets me is it's not just one night, it goes on and on until after new year. With regards to my dogs, Zoe's fine but Charlie's a little jumpy. He's fine in the house but if they go off when he's having a pee then he wants to go home. Time will tell what Maggie's going to be like as this will be her first fireworks night/months.

Cheers Leigh
you know,when i was a kid[in the oldendays]i can remember being chased by a copper for letting fire works off before guy fawkes night............how times change not always for the better
If that happened today the kid would take the copper to court and win the case. Things definitely haven't changed for the better mate.

alzabhoy

Post by alzabhoy » October 29th, 2010, 2:01 pm

my male staff kye is sh*t scared of fireworks sits in the corner shaking & panting...but the 2 female staffs arnt scared at all and will sit and watch them..lol...atb Alza