studing my dog?

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Smokemont Staffords
Re: studing my dog?

Post by Smokemont Staffords » October 16th, 2010, 9:17 pm

It's ok...I know you wasn't. Your spot on about how it can change them for the worse!! :)

jjbulls

Post by jjbulls » October 17th, 2010, 6:55 pm

mayhem wrote:it can change his behaviour for the worse mo my old dog woud fight any thing that moved 1ce his were cut off best to see how he grows up if hes a good stafford not the kc version a proper fit workable dog keep im full and he couold pass on is god genes and dilute some of the kc rubbish about dont just breed for colour though else u end up with a kc dog u wanna breed for health n type plus make sure hes clear of hereditary diesess my bitch got no paper and as long as shes helathy id have no prob breeding her to a good working type staff n balls to wot any 1 says about it atb mikey
I agree totally with this guy.. having him nutted after he has reached 12 months old , will do no good wot so ever ! & will not calm him down or change his temprement in any respect.. Our Spike is now nearly 5 years old .. & has been studded out many times . but he has a great temprement , with people & other dogs . but he can also attack another dog if he feels threatened, its all about knowing your dog & wot makes him "tick" ....I hope this helps .......

Diamond Kartel

Post by Diamond Kartel » October 19th, 2010, 10:26 am

Iona it is a hard choice for any dog owner to make. I mean would you sterilise your children? I personally have never had a dog or bitch sterilised, as I do not agree with it. I have only bred one of my male dogs and he turned out fine, a little bit protective but then that was the pampering he got,lol I think it is best to see how he grows up before deciding. He's such a cute liddle man it would be a shame to tamper with him. Also my Boy dogs have always been under control and I have never let them out of my site, I always make sure they are no where near a female in season. Hope this helps, atb Rose

Ps I have always found the female dogs to be the problem ones, lol
BullBreedForum
(The most fun you can have on the net)