Please point in the right direction

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
jd's Bullies
Donator
Donator
Please point in the right direction

Post by jd's Bullies » August 16th, 2010, 7:02 pm

My daughter has at last come to me asking me to find her a dog to train with her children 5-7yrs, as I have Am bulldogs their a little to strong for her to handle without the time, we went through the pics on line and her and her husband + the kids, loved the look of the staff's, and would very much like to get either a puppy, or slightly older dog-the kids would love a white dog, but more important would be temp'.
Around me I am either surrounded by estate angry dogs- or bags of s'''t, would someone please point me in the right direction for a family based staff (female) ( then it could train alongside my dogs) from the right kind of lines-obviously the kids want it now!!!!- but mum and dad will wait for the right dog.
A young rescue would be given strong consideration too, please help me with direction if you can. :chewbacca:

LeighandApple

Re: Please point in the right direction

Post by LeighandApple » August 17th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Hello mate, perhaps try the Southern SBT Rescue (ran by Joanna Mason)? I'll let you know if I hear of anything else that comes up. There are tonnes of beautiful Staffie bitches needing a good home so you should be able to find what you're looking for. Good luck mate......atb Leigh

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » August 17th, 2010, 5:09 pm

theres a chap i am not sure if he is on here but he is on most of the other forums called mandog he has had a wicked litter of pups from cosmos ch pup who is already a weight pull ch so the pup from that litter would defo work well but them sort of staffs are a bit mad lol my storm is a nutter she has tested me a few times but she is brill with small kids and even really good with my mates baby just lays there next to her good as gold you wont get a better dog with kids then the staffy

but like lee said theres loads in ressuce u will find a good one i am sure good luck pal

jd's Bullies
Donator
Donator

Post by jd's Bullies » August 17th, 2010, 6:12 pm

Thanks for your reply- I understand you dont allow the sale of dogs on the forum and why-but I appreciate your input-and it will be help greatly in getting the right dog, I will contact the SBT rescue and see whats what-
Cheers :thumbsup:

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » August 17th, 2010, 6:55 pm

jd's Bullies wrote:Thanks for your reply- I understand you dont allow the sale of dogs on the forum and why-but I appreciate your input-and it will be help greatly in getting the right dog, I will contact the SBT rescue and see whats what-
Cheers :thumbsup:
no worries mate glad to be of help,nice to hear from you :beer: 657
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!

cj1

Post by cj1 » August 18th, 2010, 4:29 pm

dave look north u know all the best dogs come from the north pmsl :lolbonk: :lolbonk:

theoldgit
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by theoldgit » August 18th, 2010, 4:38 pm

cj1 wrote:dave look north u know all the best dogs come from the north pmsl :lolbonk: :lolbonk:
depends very much on where you are based as to what is north.................. :nutter: :nutter: :beer: :lolbonk: :walkies:
God put dogs on this earth in the hope that man might learn from them courage and loyalty!

jd's Bullies
Donator
Donator

Post by jd's Bullies » August 18th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Only thing with northern dogs-Can't understand a bloody word they bark mate :nana5:

jd's Bullies
Donator
Donator

Post by jd's Bullies » August 21st, 2010, 6:08 pm

Well Thanks every one
We went to see a female 2yrs at J Masons rescue, the kids and the dog bonded at once, she wasn't what I expected from Joannes discription- but she's a solid compact dog- with a friendly nature and was really good with the children, I think she will settle well and take about 7-10days to settle then we'll start some activities with her-she certainly seems game and is structually sound.
She'll be going home tuesday morning ( time needed to sort out garden fence)
So big thanks for steering us this way and to John (old git)thanks for all your time. :walkies: :walkies:

kirsty
Donator
Donator

Post by kirsty » August 21st, 2010, 9:14 pm

i am so glad you gave a rescue dog a second chance, good luck with her

kirstyxx