Bill's teeth, the future of the competition days & just a means of saying hi.

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
Bill's teeth, the future of the competition days & just a means of saying hi.

Post by Bullseye » December 21st, 2019, 8:45 pm

Ok, so it's been a while since anyone including myself have posted anything on here though I have been logging in (several times a day) just to see if anyone has posted, just lately it's only been spambots (trying to sell fake nike airs), anyway with that out of the way, I will now explain what has been going on in the last eighteen months:

There have been a few good things happen, but sadly some bad things happen too, as most who know me are likely to be aware that in may 2018 we lost our dear little Maisey moo, she got ill very quickly & suddenly, she was always very excitable & would spend most of the time charging around like a mad thing, but one night she was breathing heavily & was bloated, we decided that she would see the vet the next day & it was likely we would have had to make a very difficult decision, however she did not make it through the night & the that morning she was gone, she was 9 years old, while this was happening Bullseye's health was detoriating & he was vomiting at first we thought he had stolen something (which he often did) but sadly an ultrasound carried out by our vet revealed it was something much worse, he a large cancer inside him, it was at that point we had to make a tough decision that he should finally be at peace, we sadly lost Ferret our little lurcher just 24 hours before due to a stroke, losing one dog is heartbreaking but losing three in such short space of time.. as you can imagine we were all grief struck, my Dad made memorials for all three of them so that they are never forgotten, I know what you are thinking this is very depressing & yes you are right, it very much is, but good things have happened, it's just that some of them are hidden in amongst the bad a year ago today my sister gave birth to my first nephew, his name is Arhcie & today he celebrates his first birthday, but there is some sadness still to come unfortunately on Christmas day I lost my Dad, he was a great man, an extraordinary engineer & fabricator, an amazing race driver & an awesome Dad, he would go miles out of his way to help people, even if sometimes it was someone he didn't really like for whatever reason, much of the stuff used for days was made by him, he was 73, Rest in peace Dad, I hope Maisey, Ferret & Bull are behaving themselves.

With a very traumatic & heartbreaking 2018 out of the way, it was time to start trying to make sense of it all, if that is even possible, 2019 hasn't really been much better due to things I don't want to bore folks with on here, we did also lose Kizzy a month after her 14th birthday, however there has been one good thing happen this year, something that I have been meaning to have done for... I don't know.. a while..

And that is something for Bill, I will be honest Bill (Bullseye & Bonnie's son) is a great little chap, does a ton of tricks, like begging, jumping over people, running through my legs & laying down, he'll even cross his paws when you tell him to & when he's in a mind (like his Dad) not a bad weight puller either, a clever little chap indeed, but despite being clever & sometimes adorable, he's done things are are stupid too, he decided it was a brilliant idea to eat his crate, by that I mean chewing it.. I tried to stop him & eventually I did, but at this point he had fractured both his upper canine teeth, I wanted to get his teeth repaired, but was unsure if such a thing was available in the UK, we've all seen memes of dogs with shiny metal crowns on their canine teeth, but these photos were all from the USA, so I just assumed that it was only a thing in the USA, but after a ton of google searches we managed to find a veterinary in the UK that could repair a dog's broken teeth, well several actually, but this one was just 59miles away, however this would require a referral (like on that TV documentary series on Channel 4)

So with no more to do we booked Bill in at our regular veterinary, she gave him check over & got him booked in at the doggy dentist, a couple days later we got a call to say that Bill was booked in & that he is to arrive in 2 weeks time, the run up to him going in to have the work done I feared that a load of other stuff would be wrong with him too (can you blame me after the 18 months we've had) turned out the only part of his mouth that needed anything major doing was what he went in for - his upper canine teeth, he had a cleanup too & some x-rays, which showed that he did in fact need root canal on those 2 teeth, that was done & impressions of both his upper & lower jaw were made & from which stone models are to be made so the dental lab can make what needs to be made for the treated teeth!

I will update you all when the time comes!

You read this to the end?

As for the competition days there are some things at home that need to be sorted out, then I shall announce a date, the competition days will likely resume from where they left off in 2018, we'll decide closer to the time.

So as you can see it's been pretty crazy this last eighteen months, I'm just hoping things start getting better.

Anyway folks, try to have a good Christmas & a good new year from the Bullseye Family!
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

LouvelAKK

Re: Bill's teeth, the future of the competition days & just a means of saying hi.

Post by LouvelAKK » December 21st, 2019, 9:49 pm

What an awful year, I’m so sorry to hear everything you’ve been through.

I hope 2020 is your year and will keep an eye out for updates.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
⚜️🐾⚜️The strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.⚜️🐾⚜️

Bullseye

Re: Bill's teeth, the future of the competition days & just a means of saying hi.

Post by Bullseye » December 21st, 2019, 10:07 pm

Thankyou Stef,

We're coping the best way we can, I've rigged up the lights in the stable to run on 12v now so hopefully being completely in the dark at days during the winter months should now be a thing of the past.

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon » December 21st, 2019, 10:28 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear all that, it’s tough losing one but 3 and your dad is unimaginable

Sean

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Misty

Post by Misty » December 21st, 2019, 11:22 pm

Hey

Sorry to hear you've had such bad times mate, I hope that 2020 brings you and the family the best of luck, me, misty & the kids will look forward to seeing you in the near future for a bit of training or even just a cuppa & a chin wag buddy

[ Post made via Android ] Image
💪🐺

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » December 22nd, 2019, 2:50 am

We will get there John I promise when you look at what we have achieved in this last year I never thought that we could have done as much some small steps and some really big ones well look toward 2020 with whole new eyes love you lots x :pawprint:

iorG19

Post by iorG19 » December 22nd, 2019, 1:32 pm

you are speaking as a dog (good) man. Wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, cheers
Velvet and Steel - be Strong and Fluffy

Ozzy Flynn

Post by Ozzy Flynn » December 22nd, 2019, 3:29 pm

Loads of love john. You and your family have been though such a hard 18months, it will be very hard for a long long time but we are all here for you all. That sounds great about bills teeth cant wait to see the pictures. Xx meet up again soon

Tbone

Post by Tbone » December 22nd, 2019, 6:37 pm

Oh shoot.....peace mate. It certainly is hard to make sense of it all. Condolences from me and Storm!

Bullseye

Post by Bullseye » December 22nd, 2019, 10:34 pm

Thank-you for the kind comments everyone.

Ozzy Flynn:

Yes it's a very interesting procedure, he's due to go back in about 3 weeks time, it's normally 2 weeks but the lab is closed at Christmas obviously 🐶

Ted:

Long time no see, you should arrange a Skype call at some point.

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.