Confirmed: Wansfell Road Closed

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx
Confirmed: Wansfell Road Closed

Post by Bullseye » May 9th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Confirmed: Wansfell Road Base Camp Has Closed

By John Gay BBF Media

It has been confirmed that The UPF Base Camp at Wansfell Road is now closed for good, after the announcement of a closure at some point last year on the UPF Players Club facebook page, this was partly down to a decline in the area where the base camp is located...

The President & Chief Judge of the UPF Ian Patterson said in 2015:
Well guys it's time for a change and to move forward. As such sometime next season the yard will close for good. This is due to several reasons. The cost, low attendances, lack of facilities and the down turn of the area. I am looking for a new place for base camp that will not only host weight pull, but other disciplines like agility and lure racing, if possible. Nat is looking for a training camp in Sheffield, and Dave is looking for a place down south to host pulls. As soon as everything is sorted we will let you know.
Photo of UPF Base Camp in 2013

However there had been competitions held there since this announcement was made, but today Ian Patterson had confirmed on the facebook group that the yard was closing down for good:
Due to falling numbers we have had to make a hard decision. The yard will be closed for good. There will be no more competitions or training there. We have made many friends and memories there, but sadly times change.
Many thanks to all that supported and competed over the years. You guys made it worth it.
However the UPF are looking into the possibilities of finding a new venue for their events at some point in the future.
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Re: Confirmed: Wansfell Road Closed

Post by mayhem » May 9th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Aw sad day

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image