weight pull NE

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Double_G
weight pull NE

Post by Double_G » September 12th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Haven't been on here for a while just wondering if anyone no's any weight pull clubs,comps or even if there is anyone doing weight pull with there dogs around Newcastle,im loosing motivation to keep up training my dog when there's not any real purpose,competition etc

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

NorthStarKennels

Re: weight pull NE

Post by NorthStarKennels » September 13th, 2013, 3:35 pm

Hi Double G, I'm in Newcastle and I've been looking to get people to join in and find an interest in the sport. If you would like to have a chat about some training feel free to PM me, I've got lot's of idea's and try to promote training for a while, as like you I've not seen many people who do the training in the area. I'd like to have enough people enter the sport so event's can be held up here aswel. Cheers
Deed not Breed didn't your mother ever tell you not to judge a book by it's cover

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » September 13th, 2013, 3:47 pm

We have the same issue here there is nothing related to Weight Pull in Norfolk, I'm putting a thing together here too with training days, giving people the opportunity to train and try there dogs out at it without having to spend 3 - 4 hours on the road lol

In my opinion it could spur people on to doing more............ I say go for it boys!
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

Double_G

Post by Double_G » September 14th, 2013, 12:08 pm

I think half the problem is people arnt aware of dog sports I also think competion is a big part of getting new people involved it gives people some thing to aim for whilst also spreading knowledge and having a bit banter, just look at the whippet racing in our area which is going strong as a good example.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bullseye

Post by Bullseye » September 15th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Absolutely, also if it was more widespread people would see it as more a fun thing for a dog to do, rather than a cruel thing to do... just my opinion
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.