durham animal feed

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Bullrover
Re: durham animal feed

Post by Bullrover » March 27th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Last week I collected some of their lamb bones and minced turkey. It all seemed pretty good stuff and they claim their mince is 80/10/10 meat/bone/offal

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » March 27th, 2013, 5:15 pm

I just had a order delivered I had tripe and oily fish , beef and liver and tripe chunks and a bag of chicken carcass abd some lamb ribs there mince is pritty low grade meat I think it smells a bit tbh nearly made me sick the 1st time I broke the beef and liver up for the dogs lol but dogs love it

Is that correct bullrover that will prob explaine why my big dogs stools are to hard as I have been chucking a carcass or ribs in every meal to give them there ruff 10 % bone but they will be getting 25 % ish Is that's right makes sense my and msr off here was trying to figure out why my big dog looked like he was getting to much bone lol my staff can seem to handle done better then him he struggles getting it out the other end if to much is fed cleans his glands thou

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bullrover

Post by Bullrover » March 27th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Yes, I wanted know what I would need to add to the mince so I asked them the proportions. I think it's 80/10/10 because they are mostly minced whole carcasses

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » March 27th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Cheers mate have u read about the pray drive module deit I think mayhem told me they claim all you need is 80/10/10 with no veg at all

Do u add any supplement to the raw

mayhem wrote:well i find feeding my dog raw shes getting every thing she needs u must ve been doing some thing wrong if you think you was nt giving the dog enough to be at its best can i ask for your raw diet please and what do you think your dog was missing ?? also i see you say your 1 dog has "left dozer standing for size and build " i m not famillier with your dogs but if there pups you should nt really try to encourage huge growth in them its not to healthy for pups to grow to fast you kno slow gradual growth being best for them if there adult dog soz i just assuming there pups due to the 1 seeming to have greatly outgrown the other in the last 3 weeks have you read the ingrediants of this dog food ????? Wheat, Beef & Lamb Meal, Maize, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver, Unmolassed Beet Pulp, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Salt, Yucca Schidigera. pretty much why raw feeders feed raw

If that's how the ingredient look on the bag that means cereal is the highest content ingredient not good for dogs I am well supprised at that tbh because I have never heard a bad thing about that food and looking at bullseye u can't tell me it's not feeding his muscles I was going to try this food a few times tbh but never got round to it but I have to stay away from large amounts of cereal coz it sends winston bold lol starts looking all mangey

The reason I have just made the swap is kibble is just to concentrated

U put 3 pints of water even 6 in some kibble it soaks it up well fast now I ain't no vet by far but sucking that amount of water out of there bodies each time u feed is shite for them surely and there kidneys take a beating each feed to so the best thing u can do is pre soak the kibble right ....then there teeth get rotten coz the dont chew nothin at all and the main reason is am sick to death of picking up stinky stools even with good kibble it's not like a good raw meat and bone poo u don't even need a bag ......lol that's a joke but the risk of the breded poo finger from poping though the bag gets halfed lol thst sold it to me

ShellyD
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by ShellyD » March 27th, 2013, 5:45 pm

Mickey ya givin em too much bone will end up gettin impacted an will need to go vets for a flush out cut the bone down a bit u get all the veg nutrients out of the tripe x

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image

ShellyD
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by ShellyD » March 27th, 2013, 5:55 pm

This is info on the prey drive food plan x
http://­dogsdinner2.webs­.com/­quickstartguide.­htm

ShellyD
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by ShellyD » March 27th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Try that again lol x
http://dogsdinner2.m.webs.com/site/mobi ... network=fw

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » March 27th, 2013, 9:07 pm

ShellyD wrote:Mickey ya givin em too much bone will end up gettin impacted an will need to go vets for a flush out cut the bone down a bit u get all the veg nutrients out of the tripe x

[ Post made via BlackBerry ]

I no there's to much bone I just wounder why as storm wich is half the size of winston was doing fine perfect stools infact I thought there was a prob maybe but storms body defo can handle more bone then winstons for some reason

ShellyD
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by ShellyD » March 27th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Strange that drop his bone down a bit x

bruser

Post by bruser » March 28th, 2013, 6:49 am

My staff seems to handle alot of bone aswell. Put my order in on tues delivery day today i orderd bulk chicken and a bulk tripe as a tester and to see how much my freezer can fit but next order defo oily fish and lamb. Not keen on feeding dafs hart and liver cause they contain pig and from what i have read pig isnt good for dogs plus a local slaughter house sells ox heart for £1.50 a kg cheers callum

[ Post made via Android ] Image