HELP PKZ ME BABY ZEUS GOIBG BOLD

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
zeus
HELP PKZ ME BABY ZEUS GOIBG BOLD

Post by zeus » January 25th, 2013, 5:46 am

washed are zeus with hibi scrub luntch time as he was losing his fir on his bk and going thin on his legs and hes itching/ niblibg alot so presuming start of maindge so any way i batged him with ibi scrub about 8hr a go if that and just got up now to let him out and it looks 10 times wors now and he seems bit tutchy on his. back as well. any ideas why and if it is evan maindge or cude be some think hels?? worying me now

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Re: HELP PKZ ME BABY ZEUS GOIBG BOLD

Post by mayhem » January 25th, 2013, 11:24 am

it could be mites im assuming zeus to be a staffy and they can be prone to it the mites are generally always there all dogs have them hes maybe feeling a bit run down /ill and as there immune system is fighting off some thing else or is otherwise weakend the dogs not fighting off the affects of the mites best thing to do is to take him to the vets for a check up possibly have some antibiotics they dont take long to grow back there fur what do you feed him on as his diet could also be a factor did

ShellyD
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by ShellyD » January 25th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Mange comes up in big puss/bloody blisters might be food allergy x

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image

zeus

Post by zeus » January 25th, 2013, 3:13 pm

ye ge is a blue mastif pit he fin in him self still hiper llitle git wondering if it genetic as i hard some blue mastif/bully hreeds are proned yo goibg bold how teue this is i dont no

ShellyD
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by ShellyD » January 25th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Best bet is take him to vets do skin scrape an allergy test x

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » January 25th, 2013, 5:37 pm

If you go to the vet ask for advocate and some vetasept povidine s.s, and dab that on aswell as the advocate, before you get skin scrapes done, as skin scrapes are expensive, you may as well have a bottle of advocate because it's handy to have should it happen again :)

Another useful thing to remember is 'Full Marks' it an anti lice moose and will help if applied to dry crusty bald patches...

Hope this helps.

~John~
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Post by mayhem » January 25th, 2013, 6:37 pm

zeus wrote:ye ge is a blue mastif pit he fin in him self still hiper llitle git wondering if it genetic as i hard some blue mastif/bully hreeds are proned yo goibg bold how teue this is i dont no

i think a lot of nully breeds are prone to bad skin and demodectic mites and even though he still hyper he could still have an underlaying health prob not that i want to worry you unduly my zeke dog was fine he was still his usual self then 1 day he did nt seem his self we took him to the vets and he had an aggressive kind of cancer and was to late to save he had it for a while but showed no outward signs until right before the end the bull breeds have been bred to be tough dogs and problems dont always show on the outside dont get me wrong im not saying your dogs in danger of keeling over just an example of how u shgould nt judge a book by its cover i think bullseye s advice is good take him to the vets and get what he recommended try that befor the skin scrapes as the vets will try to fleece you for as much as possible give it a try but get him a quick health check just to be sure hope your boy ll soon be furry again atb and let us know how you both get on

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 30th, 2013, 9:25 am

Get some pics up I have a very similar bred dog here who has suffered his hole life in the same way I spent a lot of money at vets

They said mite but nothing would move them but in fact it was the food if your feed cheap dog discuts most the time there full of fillers and cereal I changed to a good food like fish4dogs or a good food with no cereals in and it cleared up right a way

How old his he ? What u feeding .. Is he up to date with flea treatment but my guess would be a reaction to the food your feeding ??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image