american bulldogs

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied
Re: american bulldogs

Post by SLC » December 27th, 2012, 5:41 pm

I dont know where youve heard that scotts are less powerfull?
Considering a lot of the johnson or bully type or whatever has been bred for show and the performance types,well for performing tasks they will have diffefent drives,(firstly all dogs are individuals )but having a dog with more drive will affect the temperment of the dog,if you dont run the dog out mentally ,physically you may begin to get what someone may call a bad temp..these dogs are working dogs they need a job,if you leave him in the house all day and he shreds up your house he thinks hes done his job,if he starts chasing your neighbors cat hes just doing what he thinks is correct,so what im saying is its really up to you what you think a bad temperment is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcE5OSQOJgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUUZGQf3nmM
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

Double_G

Post by Double_G » December 27th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Love the second video,the diffrence in power came up a couple of times when I was looking into the breed and especially athletic types were there were breeders in the us crossing the two types to get the best of both worlds,is this true or have I been drawn into the sales pitch ?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 27th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Yeah people do breed hybrids,but for me there is no need,the majority of the dogs that are out there catching hogs are nice and lean and are standards(i use ths as n example as its what the breed was created for),and personally i prefer standards i just think they have the whole package,but im by no means an expert these are just my opinions and what i have learned.
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

bruser

Post by bruser » December 27th, 2012, 6:33 pm

I had a hybrid and he was good think its down to taste both do a job and both can be power houses if time and effort is applyd if i was to get another am bull id have an athletic type as it would suit my hobbys ie lamping wear there agility and athletic body and stamina would be an advantage just my opinion

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Double_G

Post by Double_G » December 27th, 2012, 6:38 pm

I totally agree with you slc my choice would be a standard/Scott's type due to the athletacism,I think a big problem with trying to find a good ambull is the amount of back yard breeding going on with them the Internet is full of poorly bred cheap ambull litters which will inevitably also be bred from.

Do you no of any good breeders of athletic type American bulldogs in the uk ?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

bruser

Post by bruser » December 27th, 2012, 6:47 pm

Think the best i seen is teras am bull id have iver a dog of its lines or a pup of his dog think its going to be another stafford as in people breeding for profit not for them self or gain in there lines the same is happening with mastiffs bullykuttas erc all been bred for chavs to guard the corner shop or to fight for rep

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 27th, 2012, 6:49 pm

there are a few breeders around the uk and a LOT of backyard breeders(im even guilty of owning a back yard bred AB),your best to check out ABR-UK to assure a health tested dog with a pedigree.

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 27th, 2012, 6:51 pm

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 28th, 2012, 1:08 pm

Bruser ,who or what is "tera's" ambull?

bruser

Post by bruser » December 28th, 2012, 3:51 pm

His dogs called cage i think he was on hear he has a few pics on the pochers rest think its a scotts type but its a cracker i would put a link up but im on my phone so cant