american bulldogs

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mayhem
Donator
Donator
american bulldogs

Post by mayhem » December 13th, 2012, 1:48 am

does any 1 have american bulldogs if so how ripped are they do you find they muscle up well or do you struggle getting the same kinda results conditioning wise compared to staffords id love to see spome pics of your am bulls hers my bitch shes 2n3/4yrs old now ill get some better pics tom these are a bit grainy but you can see how she looks the pics were taken at the same time excuse the demon eyes she dont normaly look like a scene from an alien film lol Image Image Image Image Image ull look forward to seeing yours atb ,ikey

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: american bulldogs

Post by SLC » December 15th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I have never fully conditioned Cain,or infact any of my dogs,I find that my other redboy is easier to condition, it shows a lot more,I think it would be easy to condition any dog if you enjoy it,I think it all depends on the dog too,if you have a lazy dog it would be harder to get them motivated to do some work.
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » December 15th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Have to say I don't know much about ABs, however what I do know is, condition is a question of how much work you are willing to put in, looks, which is a different factor, is a question of genetics partly and partly work and feed, some people starve or even dehydrate them, to get them "ripped" for the showring, however while some dogs may look ripped, they are very weak and soft to touch, I find the dogs that looked ripped and are used for competition events (weight pull, PP work ect) are generally the properly conditioned ones, however the conformation ring 'ripped' is often achieved by using shortcuts....

Though the more serious showring enthusiasts will put the time into conditioning thier dogs...

~John~
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 15th, 2012, 2:31 pm

"is a question of genetics partly and partly work and feed, " True, for instance i think it would be easier to condition a (as an example)scott's american bulldog to a johnson american bulldog,because of the genetics ,the performance type were bred more for function and the bullies more for look,if the dogs got drive and loves excersising ,activities and an owner to match-the results will show.
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

bruser

Post by bruser » December 23rd, 2012, 10:52 pm

Genetics work feed and massage people forget that dogs need a rub down before and after work
cheers callum

[ Post made via Android ] Image

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 23rd, 2012, 11:57 pm

yes a hand rub is always good,like deep tissue massage after a workout for a humand i guess.

bruser

Post by bruser » December 24th, 2012, 12:04 am

Yep most boxers ufc fighters etc have a massage and i think a stafford or pit etc are the canine boxer/ufc as in fast strong lean whilest cane corsos mastiffs and am bullss are more power lifters after short intense bursts of power just my views

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 24th, 2012, 12:30 am

i agree with you somewhat but it really does depend on the type of american bulldog,my ambull is a lean mean running machine,definately not short burst of energy

hes very quick looks quite good at work, a lot of heavy bulldogs seems to slow and looks less impressive when doing a long attack or send away or whatever.

bruser

Post by bruser » December 24th, 2012, 12:38 am

Yours looks alot like my old hybrid i mean the heavy bully type meant to put that.

Double_G

Post by Double_G » December 27th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Both dogs look in great condition,I was looking into getting an am bulldog for some time but after loosing my douge de bordeax the boss talked me out of having another large dog.

What are people's prefered type for sports I understand Johnsons are very strong but havnt got enough wind and lack agility with the extra weight they carry and Scott's the opposite plenty speed stamina but less powerful,what if any is the difference in Temprement ?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image