american bulldogs

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
bruser
Re: american bulldogs

Post by bruser » December 28th, 2012, 4:20 pm

His sire is williamsons ch kager and dam cajum it that helps

[ Post made via Android ] Image

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 28th, 2012, 6:50 pm

yeah i know who it is now
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Post by mayhem » January 17th, 2013, 1:54 am

hey sorry ive not been online 4 a while my girl is 3/4 johnsonsons shes a real good bulldog for guarding / watch dog ive had a few ambulls and i just cant seem to gell with them ive had ol southern white male nice dog to look at but even he a working type bull dog could nt keep up to my coco bitch glad i never spent 500 quid on him i gave him away to a pet home and hes settled in welli see him regular as he went to a mates mate and lives local
theres a lot of american bulldogs mastiffs and xs of round my way it seems to be a the dog of choice every where i go around me people got johnsons or ol southern whites i dont realy rate either compared to my coco or staffies for working ability dont get me wrong i love my ziva bitch she does her job and i know im safe to leave her in charge of my home when i go out or if my mrs is at home she is wot she is a toataly loyal guard athleticaly she runs rings round the local chav bulldogs but still i feel shes lacking in drive and ability i dont know if it thats, i expect to much of them after my previous dogs and im in the wrong or if it is actually the dogs slc you have a bull dog how do he compare to your red dog ???? how is he bred he looks a lot like the dog i gave away ?? no offence ment but he looks a lil thin in the chest and a lil dull in the red colour also at same time he looks a bit wet so maybe this is why hes not so shiney hows he bred he looks a lot like rips are you from wales ?? i swear hes like the dogs round my way rips was bred by a breeder local to me i got him off a woman who could nt cope with him any more she said he was from caldys in blackwood gwent she lived not far from them he looked like your dog but with a bigger chest im not 100% sure and tbh i dont really care for peds as they dont realy mean jack u could have an awesome ped n a cur dog i go for the dog first if i like the dog i like the dog regardless of how its bred an realy could nt care less wot other people think of it my dog is my dog end of hopr ivre not caused any offence as this was nt my intention if youve taken it the wrong way it could be that im not expressing my self properly or ur sensitive lol any way atb mikey

Banshee

Post by Banshee » January 17th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Ive found it either to condition my american bulldog then i have my stafford.. only thing with an american bulldog is they are slow develping dogs, youve got to let them grow before you start to do heavy work with them. my bulldog also stays in condition better then my stafford even over winter when ive put some winter weight on him to keep him warm outside..

Banshee

Post by Banshee » January 17th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Easier*

Banshee

Post by Banshee » January 17th, 2013, 4:56 pm

^ stil carrying inter weight.

These are before winter

^ Before winter

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Post by mayhem » January 17th, 2013, 5:50 pm

ah slc i missed the other pics of him my appologys he looks much better in them an he was wet lol hes a nice looking animal

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Post by mayhem » January 18th, 2013, 12:43 pm

these are some nice type dogs not all of them are over done show dogs most dogs ambulls are from johnsons stock some have been x to bull terrier s to create a more performance type dog johnson and scott did start the breed together untill they had a falling out the dogs shown on this site go right back to johnsons / scott /painter an margentina dogs thers very few pure dogs of any of these lines so there all basicly hybrids the dogs are noy breed like kc dogs there bred by the owners for a task if u want a good hog dog you chose the best hog dog available to your best hog dog there bred the way dogs should be best to best on the most part which i think is great it should keep the breed fit healty without the problems you see in other show dogs then u get the people that just breed for money they generaly breed for pretty peds look how many champs there are that kind of breeder does more damage breeding dogs to look a certain way rather than work a certain way ive seen 100%johnsons dogs that have looked pretty good nothing like the dog i saw in the clip posted in this thread just now the breed is still a new breed its still developing if you look back in your peds youll find bullmeads queen who was sired by west champs high hope a kc english bulldog and just prior to that loads of unknown dogs no peds they found dogs they liked and used them to start off there lines what these dogs were ?? who knows ?? i like what they ve done with them though there are some lovey looking dogs about some not so good some have terrible conformation others like slcs dog have really nice conformation nice feet good shape and well