Irish staff ?

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Double_G
Irish staff ?

Post by Double_G » November 28th, 2012, 11:17 pm

Iv been thinking about buying another pup but instead of looking at all the champs etc in there pedigree like last time iv been looking at well bred working staffs,longer in the leg,more drive etc which has led me to Irish staffs which I no arnt a recognised breed but I didn't realise there are people trying to say they are basically renamed pitbulls and I wouldnt want to risk having my new pup taken from me,what is everyone's thoughts on this ?

Also can anyone point me in the direction of breeders of athletic/working staffs

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

bruser

Re: Irish staff ?

Post by bruser » November 28th, 2012, 11:44 pm

There are a few on hear i got my lad of a small breeder in stoke way bred for his own stuff last litter the has a few game bred dogs in him etc. A lad on hear just had pups sire and dam look good dogs depends what you want the dog for shows or work

[ Post made via Android ] Image

bruser

Post by bruser » November 28th, 2012, 11:46 pm

The guys screen name is micky by the way

[ Post made via Android ] Image

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » November 29th, 2012, 2:47 pm

"I wouldnt want to risk having my new pup taken from me,what is everyone's thoughts on this ?"

If your dog is a bullbreed its classed as type and can still be seized regardless,staffys,ambulls even mastiff crosses have been seized. Dont get to caught up on that sort of stuff,if your responsible and clever you will be ok.

There are some nice athletic staffs about the place,hope you find what you are looking for :)
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » November 29th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Try the intercontinental kennel club group on facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/groups/327923230428/
Or
http://www.facebook.com/groups/41049287638/
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

Double_G

Post by Double_G » November 30th, 2012, 12:48 am

Cheers Bruser Id noticed Micky had pups,there looking great but iv got a colour preference (I no I shouldn't buy a dog for colour) which is making my search for a athletic dog harder,I'll try to do a few shows though they are few and far between up here,although I have been trying Dave on a few rabbits and he loves it.

Double_G

Post by Double_G » November 30th, 2012, 12:56 am

Thanks SLC iv read up that there has been dogs seized that are actually KC reg staffs which leads me to think its actually down to the behaviour of either the owner or dog (which would be caused by owner)

I'm still in two minds about buying a Irish staff but they seem to be exactly what I'm looking for.