Stafford lines

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
jjbulls
Re: Stafford lines

Post by jjbulls » January 26th, 2010, 7:39 pm

I have to agree with Meyhem.. in my view the K.C. dogs including the staffords have bred down to a certian standard that does not resemble the original dogs .. or what they represented...The Irish dogs are my faveriots .. but there are some good working lines such as Stockade & Stormer lines as for the Dublin reds.. excellent dogs.. but pretty reare .. the true ones are kept Quiet...probally a good thing..

jammstaff

Post by jammstaff » February 14th, 2010, 7:04 pm

I own both type an irish dog with simlar lines as your dogs, but i also own a kc type bitch and she`s full of drive does any task i put to her and does it 110% infact i`ll go to say she`s one of the best dogs i`ve ever owned........and she does`nt even come to the athletic dogs standards regarding height & weight..just a little pocket rocket.

Regards stve

jjbulls

Post by jjbulls » February 24th, 2010, 9:20 pm

jammstaff wrote:I own both type an irish dog with simlar lines as your dogs, but i also own a kc type bitch and she`s full of drive does any task i put to her and does it 110% infact i`ll go to say she`s one of the best dogs i`ve ever owned........and she does`nt even come to the athletic dogs standards regarding height & weight..just a little pocket rocket.

Regards stve
Steve, i was refering to the K.C. stafford in general .. the type favoired by the kennell club...there are many k.c. reg; dogs that are k.c. reg; but dont conform to the breed type standard. some of these dogs are supreme athlete,s i was not slating off all k.c. reg; dogs. just those which are bred down to the ridgid k.c. standards ..... you said you dog is a good athlete ..but small.. she must look totally different to the k.c. dogs you see at crufts ... i bet she is long in body & high on the rib "for her size" !! a prime example of a fantastic k.c. dog is Leigh & apple.. i cant rember the dogs name But i rember him ..! fantastic.. ! also ch M.J. & ch Abbey ! there are many good k.c. reg; dogs that fall outside the k.c. standard ....I would love to see a picture of your girl ....................jj

jd's Bullies
Donator
Donator

Post by jd's Bullies » March 1st, 2010, 2:52 pm

Hello
Not being a staffie owner, but interested in good prooven stock lines, I have met many of the direct Psycho line dogs, as well as Dublin Red pups-all of which I would consider game and caperble of working both the field and fair-the only observation I have is that both these lines from my experience and that of dog men I know is' they'r both lines that need to be worked and not become couch huggers, and although some would want a straining leash, unless they'r willing to get out there with the dogs they brought or been gifted a pile of trouble.
Being a working enthusiast I prefer these lines- but still prefer the KC trad look-is there a comprimise? :idea: :idea:

LeighandApple

Post by LeighandApple » March 1st, 2010, 10:11 pm

jd's Bullies wrote:Hello
Not being a staffie owner, but interested in good prooven stock lines, I have met many of the direct Psycho line dogs, as well as Dublin Red pups-all of which I would consider game and caperble of working both the field and fair-the only observation I have is that both these lines from my experience and that of dog men I know is' they'r both lines that need to be worked and not become couch huggers, and although some would want a straining leash, unless they'r willing to get out there with the dogs they brought or been gifted a pile of trouble.
Being a working enthusiast I prefer these lines- but still prefer the KC trad look-is there a comprimise? :idea: :idea:
I think that's the problem with a lot of dog owners today no matter the breed or lines they've chosen, they want a dog but don't want to spend the time to exercise, train and teach general manners to their canine companion. Then the breed or type gets the blame with the excuse that it's the way this type of dog is.

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » March 1st, 2010, 11:42 pm

:goodpost:
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.