kick bikes /dog scooter

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx
Re: kick bikes /dog scooter

Post by Bullseye » January 10th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Well there's nothing wrong with it in the truer sense... but its not really big enough and not stable enough, plus if a dog should sling shot (not good) it would tip up and whoever is on the brake will end up getting bricks land on there feet (not good either lol) though its still ok for training use :)
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 10th, 2012, 9:46 pm

Bullseye wrote:Well there's nothing wrong with it in the truer sense... but its not really big enough and not stable enough, plus if a dog should sling shot (not good) it would tip up and whoever is on the brake will end up getting bricks land on there feet (not good either lol) though its still ok for training use :)

Don't be daft its safe as house if the dog stats yanking and jumping and ur going to crash hit the brakes and lean back if u lent forword u would defo fall off lol but it would be safe ill jump on show ya lol its no that light either its made out of good stuff super duplex steel lol never rusts I think its made to go under the sea in oil rigs lol but most people would keep a thing like that out doors any so it would be ideal

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 10th, 2012, 10:11 pm

It will be ace at 30mph lol get ya mum making some husky harness up we can have team races lol

joe rock

Post by joe rock » January 12th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Great job there , It looks the dogs bollocks Mickey ! It should be perfect for Hiit training as well , All my dogs have pulled me on my bike with a harness on , The APBT I had weighed 62lbs and pulled like a train , so good brakes a must with big dogs like your fella . the speed he got up to was amazing ,rough ground,hills,and grass all were no problem to him and thats without me peddling , use to put the brakes on a little bit just to make it hard for him ! ha ha
I first put him on it when he was about 6 mths old but never let him really pull me , but he got use to the bike and commands , and when he was 11mths old I pushed him a bit with it ,as he was game for it ! I did about 6 miles on the flat mixed surface not peddling and at a fast pace ! encouraging him to keep the pace when he slacked off .at about 6mls he started to flag and get bored so I unhooked him and rode back as fast as I could , he stayed with me no problem . it took about 1hr 10mins . He did it no promlem ! so after that , I would use it all the time ,no matter what the distance . Good luck with it Mickey

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 12th, 2012, 9:19 pm

That sound good pal hoping to get it up and running soon am hoping its better thfn a bike more control only time will tell all the mushing foke use scooters simlar

How often would u run him Like that mate I bet u both was fitt as a fiddle I need to do it more it don't take long to clock up the miles wen u get out there

joe rock

Post by joe rock » January 13th, 2012, 9:18 pm

mickey wrote:That sound good pal hoping to get it up and running soon am hoping its better thfn a bike more control only time will tell all the mushing foke use scooters simlar

How often would u run him Like that mate I bet u both was fitt as a fiddle I need to do it more it don't take long to clock up the miles wen u get out there

I wouldn't go like that all time Mickey , but I allways went out on the bike a did a couple of miles every day or 2 .
my favorite workout for him use to be 3mls steady run along side the bike , then turn around and clip him up to me on the bike and then let him pull me as fast as he could till we got back , then I would put him on a spring pull for about 20 mins .

mandog

kick bikes /dog scooter

Post by mandog » January 13th, 2012, 9:43 pm

How much?

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 14th, 2012, 8:19 am

That's a good work out that Joe its fun ain't it they love it

Mandog this ones not finished yet so don't even no if its safe and works right yet I reckon wen he have mastered it we sell them for about 150 ish not ill have to talk to my mate at work as he is the one that makes em I just helped him with the idea and the parts we work at one of the best welding companys in the world so the metals used are the best and we get the top wekders to weld them so there not going to fall apart ..... ill let u no on Monday wat the guy says ..:ill put some pics up of his custom made choppers all peddle power they look ace lol

Lee

Post by Lee » February 27th, 2012, 10:05 pm

You done a good job there, hopefully there a picture below of the one I built. I am in the process of building a bigger one with 26 front wheel and 20 rear. Good brakes are a must.
[album]258[/album]

Lee

Post by Lee » February 27th, 2012, 10:10 pm