Kennels let's see them

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mandog
Kennels let's see them

Post by mandog » January 4th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Here we go this is a chance to show off your dogs living quarters, be it inside or out.
I am currently housing mine out the back in a custom made dog house, they have the whole back garden to roam.
I will be making kennels for them soon and would like to view some others outside kennels.
I've had to make my fence almost 8 feet high as Leo can jump over the 6 feet ones. Now he can do the 8 ft ones. Only when he hears my car pull up. I've now adapted the fence so he cannot jump over might I add.

mandog

Kennels let's see them

Post by mandog » January 4th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Just to add my dogs are only outside when someone is home. At night there in the house guarding. Woof woof

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: Kennels let's see them

Post by mickey » January 4th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Mine have a leather sofa of there own in the house like lol I reckon mine would just sit at the back door crying if I chucked um out if its raining Winston wont even go for a pee till I come home to walk em lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mandog

Kennels let's see them

Post by mandog » January 4th, 2012, 3:52 pm

I've found it to be the best time when it's raining to break em to living outside during the day.
When it was raining they went in the dog house instead of whining by the back door.
The longer they stayed in there the happier they were about it.
I've gone from 2 dogs who hate bing outside to prefer being out there.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 4th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Storm used to be out side by choice all day playing and wrecking thing but now she's older just chills on the sofa

Me and storm spent a night in me shed once the mrs kicked us out lol coz storm chewed my new rug lol she said that dogs flipping gone I said no way she said me or the dog ha ha. In the shed for the night we went lol

If I had more room I would defo have kennels saves your house bein wrecked I bet ur the same ...white dog hair gets every were sends the mrs mad lol

mandog

Kennels let's see them

Post by mandog » January 4th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Mrs hates having dogs full stop, although she likes the feeling of security they give. I've invested in wooden floors throughout, they don't go upstairs. Worst thing I hate is fleas, wants you got them there a bugger to get rid of. I used to have the carpets cleaned 3 times a year prior.
The dogs don't wreck anything in the house at all, just they constantly wonder around sniffing for food were there is none and when there is they want it or take it off the kids, nightmare.
There good as gold when I'm around, the minute I walk out the room, they nick there food or just sniffing. They don't listen to the mrs at all, she has never walked them ever. That tells you how much she has to do with them. The minute I come back there still like nothing has happened. Like to kids.

bob

Post by bob » January 4th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Our guys have the run of the ground floor when we arent about ( to keep them away from the font door and post) and we have an outdoor run for them so they can take themselves out if they need. As there run used to be a 4 sided run and has been modded slighly to allow it to be used with patio doors we have used the spare pannel as a roof to prevent them escaping or next doors cats falling in.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 4th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Ha ha I wish my next door cat would jump in lol they seem to no the law never cross on to my property just sit on the boarder my mate terrier no's the score charge into the fence and let em drop at ya feet works a treat ...of course am joking would hate to see any harm come to the little shite bags

Na mine don't wreck thing perposely Ment just wear and tear I also go with the old wooden floors and tiles and I can relate to the kids and food starts off with them hoovering up the crumbs and soon spirals out of control I shoukd off never let them start Hoovering up in the 1st place.... mine are now obsessed with looking for food mate wen I walk the streets I scan every foot step ...they find oat its down the hatch and don't touch the sides am sure storm dont even sniff to check its even edible lol ...but staffs are normaly greedy pigs any way ain't they and then throw in the competition off the other dogs its no surprise there like they are really Winston was great before

Sorry going off topic again pal I have no kennels

If I did I woukd prob go for this type of house
http://www.doghouses.com/dog-houses/ins ... 08124410-2
Shoukd be pritty chew proof well more then wood and good to clean out

I like this run 5th from bottom ........not cheap thou but if had the money they looks the bizz http://www.reeveskennels.co.uk/galvanisedruns.php

mandog

Post by mandog » January 4th, 2012, 10:25 pm

That' how it started off with me mickey, with the command HOOVER. Them being staffords it escalates into a full time mission and i have just given them the best job in the world and wont let me down. I try to give up on using the word hoover so to curve there sniffing, then one of the kids drops there food and it's at a time when everything has just settled down and i don't want to go cleaning, so Hoover it is, they go for it so fast, there legs spin around a few times first because they havn't done it for a while, but still very fresh in there minds.
I can just here there psychic link to me going thankyou boss worded in the voice of cool handed luke, repeating as they sniff around with more exuberance than normal.
makes you laugh done it/

mandog

Kennels let's see them

Post by mandog » January 14th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Is there no one on this forum no more.