Stella Is Not Well

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Lou
Donator
Donator
Stella Is Not Well

Post by Lou » January 2nd, 2012, 11:58 am

on 20th dec i went out to the kennels to do my morning clean out and stella wouldnt get up, she really did find it hard to stand, i helped her up and she kept floppin to the floor, i rushed her to the vets who did xrays, these showed arthritis. they sent her home with some metacam, come thursday her whole leg was swollen top to toe, was massive, went bk to vets who gave antibiotics, then the swelling continued onto her chest and under her belly, like a big sack of water it hung, back to the vets on xmas eve we went, more xrays, showing a possible break....told we gotta wait for an appointment to see the bone doctor at another clinic, sent home with some tramadol, boxing day back to the vets for the leg to be strapped to imobilise it, wednesday she laid in poo in her cage (she is currently indoors) so i removed the bandage, no swelling, all totally gone, back to vets that morning to have another bandage applied, well that was a week ago, we are still waitin for that appointment as he is spainish and home for xmas, we go bk to vets thursday to get bandage changed and have a look! so really we dont know whats wrong with her, we know she isnt in pain at mo due to tablets but we are still waitin to see what is wrong with the leg!

thedogmother

Re: Stella Is Not Well

Post by thedogmother » January 2nd, 2012, 2:27 pm

hope for a recovery,keep us informed lou xx

mark lamont
Professional nice guy!
Professional nice guy!

Post by mark lamont » January 2nd, 2012, 4:04 pm

hope stella recovers soon sound like shes been bitten by something

seems a long wait to see the vet cant they recomend another local vet to look at her

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » January 2nd, 2012, 9:21 pm

I was going to say the same about seeing another vet ......I hope she makes a speedy recovery mate

[ Post made via Android ] Image

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » January 5th, 2012, 1:10 am

Hi lou you and simon must be beside yourselves I wonder had she been on a run the day before or maybe in some under growth or somthing it would certainly seem to me that she may have been bitten by somthing one of the things that have been happening recently is dogs have been bitten by adders and although they should be sleeping she might have disturbed one and their venom is very strong when they have been sleeping and we have had some mild weather as well a friend of mines springer was bitten on the tongue and she colapsed before she got home from her walk on taking her to the vet they diagnosed parvo but another vet noticed two black marks on her tongue she was up and fighting the next day vet charged her 200 for mis diagnoses and an overnight stay viper bites can be fatal but it is rare and if you dont see the bites it can be difficult to tell hows the swelling and hows stella in her self xxxx

mandog

Stella Is Not Well

Post by mandog » January 5th, 2012, 7:20 am

If she's made it this far it's a good sign ain't it.

jd's Bullies
Donator
Donator

Post by jd's Bullies » January 5th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Hi
From your discription this is a reaction-have you tried anti hytemain?s -doesn't sound like your vets that confident? try another opinion-I wouldn't mind betting something simple is at the base of this-good luck.