Encountering other dogs [split from action shots]

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mandog
Encountering other dogs [split from action shots]

Post by mandog » December 28th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Split From Topic:
Action shots of your doggies!

Nice shots. Do you ever encouter any trouble when you have all them together, like if they saw another dog.

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: Encountering other dogs [split from action shots]

Post by SLC » December 29th, 2011, 12:04 am

Never really have any problems,depends how the other dog is with them,I always gather them up and tend to put the 2 bulldogs on the lead as they have lunged a few times but this was due to other balshy dogs,the bullgreyhound in 3rd pic from top is a random dog that decided to join in though,they also run offlead with a french bulldog and are generally good with other dogs if i introduce them correctly :)-you cant blame some breeds for being a little DA though. I always say if it cant be trained out YOU can always manage it.
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

Duke
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by Duke » December 29th, 2011, 11:20 am

SLC wrote:Never really have any problems, and I always say if it cant be trained out YOU can always manage it.
i cant let my lad off at all he is very DA but i manage to get him out always keep him muzzled , :walkies:
sig copy by macui1, on Flickr

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 29th, 2011, 11:34 am

i cant let my lad off at all he is very DA but i manage to get him out always keep him muzzled , :walkies:

Yeah,its just one of those things,bull breed owners hear a dog is DA n dont bat an eyelid .. i mean sh*t happens but on the whole its a manageable situation,like you say just put a muzzle on your boy. :peace:
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

mandog

Post by mandog » December 29th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Touchy subject but i would not put a muzzle on my dogs. how else are they going to stick up for themselveswhen a dog that come running for a mile towards them while the owner doe's not stand a chance.
Just recently 3 wolf dog's come at me snarling like wolfs, with the hair up, was like watching something off the tv, they reacted differently than a normal dog and it did look scary i must admit. They got as far as the dog's then 2 of them had my dogs holding onto there mouths with a death grip. The owner comes over and appoliges to me about it, if i had a muzzle on them i would of got bitten.

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm

mandog wrote:Touchy subject but i would not put a muzzle on my dogs. how else are they going to stick up for themselveswhen a dog that come running for a mile towards them while the owner doe's not stand a chance.
Just recently 3 wolf dog's come at me snarling like wolfs, with the hair up, was like watching something off the tv, they reacted differently than a normal dog and it did look scary i must admit. They got as far as the dog's then 2 of them had my dogs holding onto there mouths with a death grip. The owner comes over and appoliges to me about it, if i had a muzzle on them i would of got bitten.
I would just take the muzzle off. No way would I let my dogs get injured ...

Not all about muzzles either.. I mean you can walk in the opposite direction etc.,hold the dog back..
when a dog comes running over to our lot I don't shoo it away or anything I just ignore the daft dog and owner running in circles,my partner has kicked a dog before though, as it was circling the other dogs which was fine ..but then the shepherd began to circle the pram and came trotting up rather balshy to the bulldogs which I had put on the lead and by this time the am bull was really wanting to get at this daft shep so my partner gave it a kick and it ran off,which I believe was the right thing to do as it is better to do that than cause the dog to rip it up as I don't think the dog was aggressive just stupid, so it wouldn't have been fair to just let my dog go, I would only ever drop leads or something if the dog was straight up aggressive and tries to get a hold of one of my dogs-I've never had to do this so far.
Just the same principle if some human came over and hit you :snap-out-of-it: ,well that's how I see it anyway. :peace:

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » December 29th, 2011, 6:59 pm

I always keep mine on a lead, for the simple reason if the worst did happen, then I can't be accused for have an out of control dog, not that I walk anywhere where I would be putting myself or dogs in danger, in the main if someone elses dog (un leashed) came after us I normally tell them to put it on a lead..... up till now they have :)

Good discussion... though I may split it to the general section :) if thats ok with all concerned :peace:
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » December 29th, 2011, 7:02 pm

can dooooo, i thought there ight be a big gap in the pics if we carry on :P

Bullseye

Post by Bullseye » December 29th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Done :)
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » December 29th, 2011, 10:50 pm

I had it the other week some lads on the park thought it would be funny to let there rottie wich was mega aggressive of at my 2 am sure they thought there dog was goin to wreck mine as it was a bitch it flew stright into my staffy bitch who was on a lead..... I didn't panic just told em they best get there dog this point mine also has the death hold on its muzzle and the rottie was wimpering like a bitch but its hard if they come over nice a frienly with my other dog coz he will kick off no matter Wat the the dog the amount of people who let there dogs come over even thou I shout and tell them my dogs nasty please get ur dog they just say ohhhhh well mines ok yeah but mines not ........I was starting to think I shouldn't walk him in the park were it states no dogs off leads because its not fair on the nice dogs just wanting a new mate and get my beast scaring the sh*t out of them but mine are always on leads and I do all I cam to avoid other dog walkers ......but like one day had my dogs on the lead and some knob chucks the ball for his dog right at us I get my dogs to leave the ball but the couldn't resist the cocker spannel but geuss Wat it was my foult for having a dog agessive dog I mean I turn round and walk the other way to avoid so they unleashed the dog and throw a ball at me lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image