Encountering other dogs [split from action shots]

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mandog
Re: Encountering other dogs [split from action shots]

Post by mandog » December 29th, 2011, 11:55 pm

That's the down side to this breed, i just take mine to a field that empty or the beach.
Leo i cannot trust at all but flick i have under control unless the another dog come to us then it's get her on the lead, and hold tight.
Even though my 2 dogs are DA, it does'nt mean there classed as dangerous dogs, as i've got my eye on the ball all the time. when i'm out more so than any one else. It does make for hard work but then i don't know of any other dogs that work , play so hard around me. Every one elses dogs just look so boring.

DSC_2112 by Caught my eye online, on Flickr

DSC_2110 by Caught my eye online, on Flickr

leo and flick 2_edited-3 by Caught my eye online, on Flickr

They do everything but play nice with other dogs but thats not a bad thing from a perspective.

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » December 30th, 2011, 12:23 am

I don't think me or my family have ever had a dog that is friendly with other dogs they don't know.......... (just read some of the michief here) well they either want to fight... or do the other thing lol.... what's more most of them were non bull breeds.. tbh **touch wood** we've never had any to doos with the bullies when out and about..... probably because we're very cautious with our bull breeds because of the trouble our non bull breeds (labs, weimers, luchers, collie crosses ect..) have gotten us and themselves into lol

All so much for bullies being dangerous LOL! :nana:
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

oldetyme

Post by oldetyme » January 4th, 2012, 9:23 pm

i've had a number of instances with my two lately!!! on the last occassion i had a friend with me and i also had a break stick and i was able to stop my two staffords playing tug o war with a hungarian viszla (gundog) the poor owner was screaming like a banshee (as any one would be) my mate wasn't much use either! I managed to get one off but my bitch wasn't for letting go!! after a while, i managed to get her off after being draged through the mud and dogs muck! i told my friend to keep hold of my male, while i desperately held on to my bitch, the poor woman could tell the situation wasn't good and quickly went off. to be honest i didn't think i was going to be able to hold onto my bitch as i was exhausted and she wasn't yet finished and wanted back into the fray!
I now will only walk one dog at a time, always on a lead, never without my trusty break stick and i also carry a length of broom stick to ward off other dogs. Though i walk my dogs in a harness, i always keep a thin strap-like collar on them so it can be used as a handle to restrict the head movement when other dogs come close, also the collar can be used on a dog that has hold of another by the skin and used as a tourniquet to choke the dog off, a (breakstick) would be off no use if a dog has a skin hold as the jaws are almost closed. After a number of instances i no longer leave anything to chance and if a situation does arise , try to make sure it isn't my fault. i now only allow free running with my dogs in the dead of night on farmland.

mandog

Post by mandog » January 4th, 2012, 10:10 pm

If i was to take mine out at the dead of night on farm land without a lamp i would be fecked.

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » February 16th, 2012, 6:15 pm

some right tossers around isnt there! thats awful what they did our breeds get a bad rap because they finish what other idiots started >:(
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » February 16th, 2012, 6:18 pm

SLC wrote:some right tossers around isnt there! thats awful what they did our breeds get a bad rap because they finish what other idiots started >:(
that was to Mickey lol
Pit bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog people, for the love and loyalty they bestow on anyone who shows them a smidgen of kindness...

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » February 16th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Ha ha yes there is .....it was quite funny really I new mine would be sound I just felt sorry for there dog really but it was up for a scrap and there was no damage done just beat it up a bit and a dented its ego and the lads to as they were all screaming like girls

[ Post made via Android ] Image

SLC
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by SLC » February 17th, 2012, 8:36 am

lol yeah you usually find thats the case,my trainers rottweiler bit the paw off a staffy that was set on him..poor dog the kid was in tears,but hey thats karma for you.