Dog Foods ?

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Double_G
Dog Foods ?

Post by Double_G » November 3rd, 2011, 10:31 pm

I was just wondering what every one is feeding there Dogs,iv had Dave on royal cannon since he was a couple of months old and he's doing well but i keep thinking he might do better on another food or even BARF diet,and at nearly £20 for 4kg is it over priced/over rated ? Iv been put off the BARF diet because of not no'ing quantities to feed per day etc.

Duke
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: Dog Foods ?

Post by Duke » November 4th, 2011, 11:51 am

i feed mine on lidl dry food. :springpole:

not a bother on him ,

5R2V6605 by macui1, on Flickr
sig copy by macui1, on Flickr

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » December 28th, 2011, 7:21 pm

I have bin feeding gain record breaker with really good results mate quite cheap to

[ Post made via Android ] Image

milliandjessiesmum

Post by milliandjessiesmum » December 28th, 2011, 9:07 pm

we feed our girls raw and they enjoy it and they are doing really well on it

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » December 28th, 2011, 9:56 pm

GPS Own Brand............... they seem to like it :)
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

mandog

Post by mandog » December 30th, 2011, 9:04 am

i'm back on skinners duck and rice, i got it dirt cheap so can't grumble. I've been mixing beef dripping with mine to bulk it out.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » December 30th, 2011, 11:01 am

I found it hard to keep the weight on my big dog with raw but my little staff looks really well on raw I think there just to much to think about with raw meat if u have time to pepere it and make sure they get every thing they need its a great way but tbh the best dogs I've seen conditioned are mostly fed both on different days .....I think raw is good to strip a lil weight over a week or so and my dogs love it so I treat em to raw every now and then ......some one in the usa made me think.....well a lot of people think if they feed raw meat its better quality then wats in kibble but the truth of the matter is unless ur feeding raw wild meat that's lived free roaming in the wild its more then likely been feed sh*t cereals any way there for the super market and even most butchers meat is no better then the meat in a good kibble just in the kibble some one gets paid a lot of money to get it right for the dog ......not my opinion but worth a thought ??

Double_G

Post by Double_G » December 30th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Cheers for your replies,since i first posted this iv had another problem with food in that Daves grew intollrent to chicken protein,the symptoms were pretty worrying at the time,dihorea,blood etc,anyways we norrowed it down to chicken protein so i changed his food to a cheep one from asda until i found a good replacment local to me and i could see the difference straight away iv since changed to barking heads (still not cnvinced its worth the money compering it with the cheap stuff from asda) but daves in the best condition iv ever seen him,i dont no if its getting over his illness,changing his food from royal cannin,his age(16months) or a mixture of both but he's looking really fit,he's been getting the same 2x20min walk and 2x30-45min on the boomerball.Hopefully I can up his trainingdo a bit more weight pulling(iv been slacking a bit due to changing jobs) get a flirt pole and i might try him next to my bike.

ill take some pics when the Gf gets in from work.

Cheers Garry

mandog

Post by mandog » December 30th, 2011, 5:49 pm

mickey wrote:I found it hard to keep the weight on my big dog with raw but my little staff looks really well on raw I think there just to much to think about with raw meat if u have time to pepere it and make sure they get every thing they need its a great way but tbh the best dogs I've seen conditioned are mostly fed both on different days .....I think raw is good to strip a lil weight over a week or so and my dogs love it so I treat em to raw every now and then ......some one in the usa made me think.....well a lot of people think if they feed raw meat its better quality then wats in kibble but the truth of the matter is unless ur feeding raw wild meat that's lived free roaming in the wild its more then likely been feed sh*t cereals any way there for the super market and even most butchers meat is no better then the meat in a good kibble just in the kibble some one gets paid a lot of money to get it right for the dog ......not my opinion but worth a thought ??

I totally agree with you mickey.
I was a butcher for about 6 years so have a good understanding what goes on in the meat industry.
I gave up feeding raw when my rabbiting days started to dwiddle to nothing, granted i used to feed a bit of this and that from landywoods to start off with but never thought for a moment it was the best thing for my dogs.
It used to be a simple thing to get down them at the end of the day, instead of chewing up a rabbit, sometimes my little bitch used to get fatige quite bad after running around all day then eating rabbit, with the tripe or other minced meat, she was better.
That's when i went over to orijen and found it improved her ability allot.
I'm to finding it hard keeping the weight on, my 2, espensially leo, eats enough to feed a mastif. Its the reason why i'm buliking there food out with beef dripping.