Leo costing me a small fortune

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
mandog
Leo costing me a small fortune

Post by mandog » September 7th, 2011, 6:23 pm

A few days ago i took leo around to see my grandmother and he went out in the garden and 20 mins later started twitching, alarm bells start to ring now. So i start ringing a vet and tell them i'm on my way. Well leo goes into complete state of fitting, uncontrollably, it was hard to hold him and he is starting to foam at the mouth and get very hot. I stop and start cooling him with water i always carry, when i get to the vets he is deep into fits , seizures what ever you ant to call it. I had to keep reminding the vet to keep him cool, i even had to tamper with the shower unit so the water was just right temp. Any way after 2 hours and the seizure slowing thanks to diazepam i even had to remind them to give him a laxative. I went to college for a year hoping to do veterinary car so new a little but mostly common sense.
Any way he had eaten slug pellets and the vet told me he had very little chance of making it, great i thought. He stays with them over night while he continues to seizure for 32 hours under. Then i get a phone call next day saying he is ok to pick up and is he always like this, like what, well he don't like any of us and won't come out of his cage, i said yes he don't like strangers only jis family, ok they said. I get in there and he is peed right off with me for not being there when he woke up. But spending 5 mins with me he come right around, vet could not believe it, tests done and no kidney or blood damage done what so ever.
I do have a lovely green dog though as it seeped through his skin and could not be washed off.
Oh and i chose not to renew the insurance 2 months ago and its cost me 2 grand.
Thank you leo why can't you be more like flick and not eat what's not good for you.

Duke
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Re: Leo costing me a small fortune

Post by Duke » September 7th, 2011, 7:00 pm

:nana: glad he is ok , . sure isnt he worth every penny ,
i paid €1500 for treatment and then the vet charged me
€150 to put my two dogs down :( :mad:
they had that mange that goes infected ,
and one of them prolapsed ,
sig copy by macui1, on Flickr

mandog

Post by mandog » September 7th, 2011, 8:08 pm

I was under the impression he was not going to make it. When i left the vets the bill was £336 but he needed a nurse with him 24/7 to make sure enough sedative or whatever was given to him so he don't start shaking and heating up that cost over a grand and a half. The whole time i was thinking he would not make it, i had a phone call at 10.30pm saying they tryed waking him up to see if he was ok but went staright into fitting again so put him back under, saying it don't look good. But he has made a full recovery with no side effects. Except turning green.

Duke
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by Duke » September 7th, 2011, 8:42 pm

thats great , will the green go eventually? :springpole:
sig copy by macui1, on Flickr

mandog

Post by mandog » September 7th, 2011, 9:04 pm

no its forever and getting stronger with a every minute also starting to glow, only kidding yes its starting to already.

Noreen
BANNED!

Post by Noreen » September 8th, 2011, 2:48 pm

glad he is ok.

Reason for user being banned:
Made an abusive comment about a member's disability!

>>Click Here<< to view post!

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » September 10th, 2011, 9:42 am

sh*t glad he's ok 1st off I have to watch storm she will eat oat man I have to keep my eye on here 24/7 if I leave her out of her cage at night soon as am in bed I can hear her in the bin man she is a nightmare round food she eats any thing I bet if leos like her if he comes across slug pellets again he will eat them again greedy staffords !!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LeighandApple

Post by LeighandApple » September 12th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Glad he's on the mend.