Gain Feeds

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
Darren
Re: Gain Feeds

Post by Darren » September 29th, 2011, 12:43 pm

dogs that suffer from cereals are usually cured by a teaspoon of flax oil, however Gain put Flax oil in the food to combat this, for weight pull, I would go on Gain Record Breaker, you'd be surprised at what the difference would be, remember those that get stuck in a rut never improve, and I know 2 knls that do intensive sport with bullterriers that use Gain Record Breaker for their Keep. Record Breaker does use real chicken not chicken fats.
Hypocrite!
why knock it? You all brag about your dogs ancestory.

Click >>here<< to delete me!

mandog

Post by mandog » September 29th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Oh yes record breaker is good and cant see anything better at that price.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » September 29th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Have any of u 2 ever tryed fish4dogs or propably looked at it

[ Post made via Android ] Image

mandog

Post by mandog » September 29th, 2011, 9:54 pm

Does'nt there fish contain that preservative that's no good for dogs?

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » September 29th, 2011, 11:34 pm

I don't think so wats it called ill look but I swear it has none but could be wrong mate

mandog

Post by mandog » September 30th, 2011, 10:46 am

I had a discussion about 3 or 4 years ago about fish4dogs. Although they state no preservates used in there process were they get there fish from use the preservative ethoxyquin. Fish4dogs do not have to state this on the bag and CAN say they dont use it becuase it's there before they purchase it. But there was a few people that emailed them to ask if the fish providers us ethoxyquin and had no reply. So after a few phone calls and getting passed around we found out that there fish is preserved in ethoxyquin. They really dont like people knowing it. Not sure if anything is changed but going by the price of it on the breeders scheme i would say they still do.
Its the reason i chose orijen as they dont use it.

mandog

Post by mandog » September 30th, 2011, 10:56 am

If i was to spend £20 on a dog food i would defonetly buy the Gain Record Breaker, i've used it for a while and its bang on for ur buck and just what you need for weight pull.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » September 30th, 2011, 11:31 am

mandog wrote:If i was to spend £20 on a dog food i would defonetly buy the Gain Record Breaker, i've used it for a while and its bang on for ur buck and just what you need for weight pull.
Nice one mate I never new that about fish4dogs its pissed me off a bit tbh lol but Wat is that persverive do to the dogs coz mine look and act better on that and I have used it for years now and not seen any sings of badness lol I just like fish protaines I think there the best and I am also thinkin of the joint wear an tear over the years of pulling exsive weights surely fish must )e better them chicken for that

mandog

Post by mandog » September 30th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Carry on using it mate, i was only giving my opinion why i did not use it years ago. Given the chance now i would give it to my dogs, back then i used to think they could live as long as us but they don't. 15 years most staffys aint it. Might as let them live a good hard live while they can. They all suffer with something or another down the line don't matter what you feed. Just if you want the best from them now a proper diet is have the battle and i agree about the fish being a good protein as flick builds allot of strength on it as apposed to chicken. The only problem is the bad breath or should i say rotten fish breath yuk.
One other thing i used to put sun lotion around my dogs eyes years ago intill i thought by the time the sun does any real damage to the skin they will be dead from old age any way so now i don't bother. saying that after doing that she got black around her eyes so really no need to worry.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » November 3rd, 2011, 10:07 pm

Darren and mandog u was right gain record breaker is sh*t hot there stronger and more alert already and I ain't even finish ma 1st bag i will see a diff in a month I can tell

Only thing is the kibble is tiny compared to my other kibble I have to soak it so my big lad don't sallow them hole lol