Anyone breeding working type Neo Mastiffs in the UK

General discussion, Health issues, Equipment, Accessories ect... Dates for the BBF dog days at Area51 are announced here too!
simon
Anyone breeding working type Neo Mastiffs in the UK

Post by simon » May 16th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Looking for a breeder with good dogs, but more athletic.

relentless

Re: Anyone breeding working type Neo Mastiffs in the UK

Post by relentless » May 17th, 2011, 7:11 am

Good luck on your search for an athletic working type Neo, you'll need luck and a lot of patience.

tera

Post by tera » May 17th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Hunter Kennels had/have some good dogs, think they may be more into Alanos now though but might be mistaken!!

tera

Post by tera » May 17th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Pm me for his Email address.

mayhem
Donator
Donator

Post by mayhem » May 18th, 2011, 10:41 pm

There nt many good mastiffs i also thnk hunter kennels have u though of other types of mastiff i would love an alaunt gentile beautiful dog

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

simon

Post by simon » May 19th, 2011, 10:17 am

Its not actually for me, its a guy I know from work is looking for one, he has had Bull Mastiffs up until now, personally it wouldnt be my choice of mastiff breed.

tera

Post by tera » May 19th, 2011, 10:37 am

I'd say a well bred working Neo is probably the best mastiff, but a well bred working Neo is like owning a tiger!! a completely different dog to the watered down layed back show type in terms of aggression and sheer power.

Not for the faint hearted imo!!

hunterkennel

Post by hunterkennel » July 25th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Hi HK jon here. Tera's pretty much bang on, the working neo isnt a breed id reccomend to most people. Anyone who's seen my adult neos in the flesh will confirm this. I believe a few folks on here saw me with Marcello a 15 month pup at Sundays SWDA event - very young for a mastiff breed with allot of growing/maturing to do... but VERY different from the show stuff. Allot of energy/power and agression. When mature Cello will have about another 15lbs or so of solid muscle on him and their character gets allot more serious. Its not really a dog id reccomend as a pet - they love to destroy things, have horrific animal/dog agression, very dominant, dont really tollerate strangers & they have allot of drive. On top of this they drool, arent the easiest dogs to train and will dominate owners if youre not careful. To be honest theres not a lot to like about them. I cant express how strong the bloody things are either - If you could breed the drive to pull into them im sure theyd be great at weight pull. Its not really in their natural character sadly. Down on paper its pretty hard to see what I like about them, lol.

I think Teras post about it being like owning a dog equivilent of a tiger sums it up nicely, lol

seriously though - lots of folks contact me for one, but very few would enjoy the reality of owning one. Lotta hard work. A good ambull makes a much better and more well rounded pet, and will also out perform the neo in most fields.

hunterkennel

Post by hunterkennel » July 25th, 2011, 8:08 pm

n.b. what they do very nicely is bite like crocodile and have buckets of power to shake you like a rag when you are in their jaws. :twisted: ...so if you enjoy brute power at the sacrifice of a more well rounded/athletic working dog that youd get in a smaller package - presa/corso/ambul/bandog, then the neo actually serves a purpose.

mickey
BBF Supplied
BBF Supplied

Post by mickey » July 25th, 2011, 10:11 pm

That made me laugh reading that it was like u was talking about my boy Winston he has only got 25% neo in him but that sums him up pritty much bang on u would of seen him on Sunday he was red dog walking with the little boarder terrier. He has the power of a train and pulls really well and have always said that comes from the neo but his techniceks are like a staffords .but as a pet he's a pain in the ass he barks at any slight sound always at the back gate waitin for some one to try there luck its bin 6years and no one has tryed yet but he still stands there 18hours a day wishing todays the day lol but i bet most of his litter mates are not still with there 1st owners still I didnt no Wat I was gettin my self into and I had a far bit more experience then the twats who was shipping these lil cute pups out Willy nilly to the highest bidder

[ Post made via Android ] Image