Hi

A place to introduce yourself and your dogs, you won't be able to post anywhere else until you've posted an introduction....
Bird
Hi

Post by Bird » February 15th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Hi folks, I used to be on a working mastiff forum hunterkennel back in 20011 , the lad who ran it was Jon from London, he had working line Alano's.Its breed Ive always liked as they seem very healthy type of working bull breed. Iused to keep bullmastiffs in the 80s, but came out of bull breeds because of bad HD, not long lived etc.Ikeep lurchers now for bit of hunting, but liked reading about Alanos, more so from Jon line from his old site, I know its not on know more , but would like any info to his new site or any info if possible to contact jon. any info of above would be great thanks.

Bird

Re: Hi

Post by Bird » February 16th, 2014, 10:55 am

nobody want to chat then,? don't be shy.? my 2 dogs I go on other hunting sites, but as said do like the Alano breed of dog, maybe if come out of hunting might have 1.?

Bullseye
I think you're all great people! xx
I think you're all great people! xx

Post by Bullseye » February 16th, 2014, 5:23 pm

There is an Alano Enthusiast on the forum, you could try sending him a PM he call himself swatt dogs, in the meantime I'll set you up on the forums :)

:welcomepull:
Welcome to BBF!
You Now Have Full Posting Access!
Having trouble resizing an image for your profile picture?
>>Click Here<< and send me a link to the image you wish to use :)

Need help with adding photos? >>Click Here<<

Check out my facebook group: farcebook.com/bullbreedforum

>>Click Here<<
to delete my account.

Bird

Post by Bird » February 16th, 2014, 8:47 pm

thanks, will pm swatt dogs , looks a good site, was brought up with staffs as a kid, back then they were not like the show stuff of today, more taller+longer in body , bit like some pits of today. I was born in W-ton, there few good strains of staffs in the black country, that were used to make bullx greyhounds, and some of these bullxs were top dogs going to wales and other places for fox control in the 80s .

bruser

Post by bruser » February 25th, 2014, 6:21 am

Just put my stafford over a whippet grey bitch i lamp him and use him with air riffle atb

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Bird

Post by Bird » March 1st, 2014, 10:46 am

be great x that, that bit of whippet will keep them bit lighter and agile and quicker .Ive had bullxs had 3 , 2 3/8 pit 5/8 grey , and 1/4 pit 3/4 grey.And I think 3/8 pitxs were the best really bit more grit in them, the 1x like your going to breed will be even better. Send your phone number in a pm, and can have a chat about my bullxs and what they were like regards working. this was last one, 3/8 pit 5/8 grey. and this is my new young dog Buck 1x gsd x grey he is 18 month old 28in 80 odd lb . my bullx was 26in 70lb.